Friday, May 07, 2010

World Cup is finally coming to Singapore!

starhubwc

singtelwc

This is really great news for football fans in Singapore. We waited long enough. Starhub and Singtel have just announced that they have finally secured the broadcast rights to the 2010 FIFA World Cup to be held in South Africa and will offer all 64 matches live!

Both Starhub and Singtel are offering identical World Cup packages: Early Bird Price at $70.62 which is valid till 31 May 2010 and the usual price of $94.16 for those who subscribe from 1 June to 11 July. Both are also in discussions with MediaCorp to offer the live broadcast of FIFA World Cup matches via MediaCorp’s free-to-air channels.

So are you guys subscribing? For me, I don't know. I guess I will still be watching some games online using P2P or I will head out to pubs, cafes, etc if I'm watching with my mates. And I heard Mustafa and Sheng Siong are selling antennae boosters at around S$20! There are always cheaper alternatives. Heh!

Oh fyi, I'm rooting for England. I had a dream that they win it this year. Ledley King to score the winner with a thumping header. Come on you Three Lions!

1 comment:

Meyerchamp said...

Will be boycotting, joined the FB Boycott group here everybody
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=117853164912683

Featured Post

Singapore Haunted: Top 10 Most Haunted Moments Caught On Camera!

A flying ghost at Changi Hospital, a playful tree spirit at Bedok Reservoir and the ghost of a girl who died at the famous Yellow Tower at...